We are quick-thinking individuals, and can talk our ways out of just about anything. Babysitting your neighbor's twin boys? Ohhh shoot, you'll be out of town. Driving your boss to the airport? Darnit, you've got to babysit your neighbor's twin boys. See what we did there?
You shouldn't need to create excuses to avoid a girlfriend getaway, and yet here we are. The Top 10 Excuses For Not Taking A Girlfriend Getaway. We've heard them all.
1) I can't take the time off - are you sure? Have you asked nicely? And when we say "nicely" we mean you have to say "Pretty please, with sugar on top?"
2) I can't afford it - ring-ring...oh, is that your iPhone?
3) I don't have any girlfriends - now this just makes us sad. If you do not currently have any girlfriends, make an effort to rustle some up. Start with the Oprah website - there are myriad discussion groups there.
4) I can't leave my kids - this is an occasionally legitimate excuse, but more often than not it's separation anxiety. Yours, not theirs.
5) I have to wash my hair - oh wait, this was Marcia from an episode of "Brady Bunch", sorry.
6) I'm rearranging my sock drawer - we're not asking you out for a second date, after taking you out to dinner at McDonald's; we're offering a girlfriend getaway.
7) I wouldn't know where to go - here are a few suggestions.
8) I wouldn't know what to pack - here are a few suggestions.
9) It's just not the right time - try a different watch.
10) I can't remember the question - take your meds and call us in the morning.