Hey, remember when the weather forecasts said stuff like "Sunny and 85 today"? Yeahhhh, it's colder now. Rather than complaining about the dropping temperatures outside, think of a way to enjoy them. Ski trip!
Holiday Golightly's Top 10 Best Things About A Ski Weekend
1) Schussss! - We love that awesome sound that comes from carving your way down the slopes. Schusss, schussss, sch -OUCH, clank, bonk, thud. Heavy sigh. I'm okay!
2) Fluffy snow - this is particularly exciting if you live somewhere that rarely sees snow. You know, somewhere where everyone freaks out if there are 2 inches of snow on the ground, and everyone forgets how to drive, and they don't have the proper equipment to clear the roads, so there are a lot of resulting traffic accidents. It's tougher to really enjoy the snow in those places.
3) Taking in the quiet scenery from the chair lift - shhhhh. Not schussssss.
4) Midday lunch break - Cheeseburger & fries. WHAT?! We're skiing?! When else can you feel absolutely no guilt about cheeseburger and fries for lunch?
5) All-day exercise, disguised as fun - see #1 and #4.
6) Hot chocolate
7) Hot chocolate with Kaluha
8) Dressing in layers - you don't even need to bother trying to look thin.
9) Hot tub - you will need to bother trying to look thin. Unless you've had several #7s. And then, who cares!
10) Ski instructors -um, Travis? I didn't really get that last move. Could you show me again, and this time hold me while you're doing it?